Home Maintenance Checklist
Below are just a few of the preventative maintenance services that should be done on a regular basis. The homeowner can also take part in protecting their greatest investment.
- Fire Extinguisher: Check that it’s fully charged; recharge or replace if needed.
- Sink/Tub Stoppers and Drain Holes: Clean out debris.
- Garbage Disposal: Flush with hot water and baking soda.
- Water Softener: Check water softener salt drum and replinish salt if necessary.
- Forced-Air Heating System: Change filters once a month if user’s manual recommends fiberglass filters.
EVERY 2 MONTHS
- Wall Furnace: Clean grills.
- Range Hood: Clean grease filter.
EVERY 3 MONTHS
- Faucet: Clean aerator.
- Tub Drain Assembly: Clean out debris; inspect rubber seal and replace if needed.
- Floor and Outdoor Drain Grates: Clean out debris.
EVERY 6 MONTHS
- Smoke Detector: Test batteries and replace if needed.
- Toilet: Check for leaks and water run-on.
- Interior Caulking: Inspect caulking around tubs, showers, and sinks; replace any if it is deteriorating.
- Forced-Air Heating System: Change semi-annually if user’s manual recommends high efficiency pleated or HEPA-style filters.
- Garbage Disposal: Tighten drain connections and fasteners.
- Clothes Washer: Clean water inlet filters; check hoses and replace them if they are leaking.
- Clothes Dryer: Vacuum lint from ducts and surrounding areas.
- Wiring: Check for frayed cords and wires; repair or replace them as needed.
- Range Hood: Wash fan blades and housing.
– Helpful Tips From Your Friends at W. E. Bilbrey General Contractor –